Yesterday, I participated to the “Hands-On: Introduction to TDD” event organized by the Cambridge Software Craftsmanship community.
I paired with a C# guy and we tried to apply TDD principles in order to solve a toy problem but after one hour we didn’t get too further. After that we had a interesting discussion sharing our feelings about TDD in general, how to approach it and what are the advantages and the disadvantages.
This is a picture taken in the middle of our coding activity 🙂
This is a summary of what I learnt:
- TDD is hard and it is difficult to find a master of TDD
- TDD is impossible to learn using a toy problem
- What is the simplest but complex enough problem to solve that allows to understand the power of TDD?
- I have to learn more about ReSharper!
- My mate was much more quicker than me 🙂