Few months ago I joined Red Gate Software and I am having a lot of fun so far. We have a great team in SQL Compare and we are working hard to add support for SQL Server 2014.
I think that learning more about SQL Server is very important because a lot of Red Gate products are designed to make DBA and developers working with it in a very productive way.
This is why I decided to start the path toward becoming a MCSA on SQL Server. To be honest, as a developer, my goal is just learning more about SQL Server and not necessarily get certified. However I will use the certification materials as a clear path to increase my knowledge.
The first exam on the list is
[70-461] Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
I know SQL and I have studied database development and design at University. However I don’t know much about SQL Server specific features and the incredible power that the platform can offer.
In order to keep me motivated I will post on my blog all the things I found interesting during my learning.
The following is a list of all the resources I will use to prepare for this exam:
- Book: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- TechEd 2014: Exam Prep: 70-461 – MCSA: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Querying)
- Hands-On-Lab: What’s New for T-SQL in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Pluralsight: SQL Server 2012 Querying (70-461) Part 1
- Pluralsight: SQL Server 2012 Querying (70-461) Part 2
It’s time to write SQL 🙂