I was recently interviewed by Sean Rajnis and I shared with him my programming journey.
This is a quick summary:
- I've learnt how to code using BASIC on a Casio Calculator when I was 8 (self-learner)
- I developed games for my school friends and I had a lot of fun!
- I studied computer science on high school where I learnt Pascal, C, C++
- I developed small projects for local businesses and the website of my town
- I studied Software Engineering at the University of Pisa and got my master degree in 2009
- In 2008, I founded the official .NET community in Tuscany and found my mentor
- I conquered English in 2 months with an intensive course at the Regent school in London
- I started working in UK in 2010 in Autonomy, then in Citrix as a .NET developer
- I started working in Redgate Software in 2014
- In 2015, I founded the official .NET Cambridge Community now counting 1000+ professional .NET developers
- In 2017, I was awarded Microsoft MVP in Developer Technologies (for three years in a row)
- In 2018, I launched the Productive C# membership
- I worked in Redgate Software as a Senior .NET developer
In the video, I share some of my challenges and tips for growing as a software developer.
I love learning and I love teaching and this is just the beginning 🙂
UPDATE: In March 2021, I was promoted to Lead Software Engineer!
Check the full interview here: